“The Wildest Ride In The Wilderness”

On our recent trip to Disneyland, we rode on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, aka the wildest ride in the wilderness! It’s basically a roller-coaster ride that is like a runaway train, it’s a great ride! We rode it over and over!
   Some people raise their arms, watch for the rattle snakes, coyotes, dinosaur bones, and enjoy the scenery while others hold on to the safety bar in front of them, close their eyes and wait for the ride to end.  
      I’m the one who keeps my eyes open, raises my arms and enjoy the ride! I want to get the most out of the ride that I can!
     At times, I hear people say, “I’m going thru a wilderness time right now in my life”. We all go through times in life that seem like the “wildest ride in the wilderness”. I’ve taken a few doosey of “wilderness” rides in my own life, but no matter how wild the ride of life is, with its unexpected twist and turns at high speed, feeling like your out of control, taking sudden drops, going thru dark places and wondering what’s around the next corner, we need to be the kind of people that enjoy the ride. I realize that not everything that happens in our life is enjoyable, but the overall experience of life should be great.
   We get on a roller-coaster and trust our life to a few wheels wrapped around a track underneath and a lap bar in front of us to hold onto but do we trust our Heavenly Father to keep us safe and to protect us in life? He loves us, and He is a secure, safe, stable Father to hold onto, and we can keep our eyes open and look around, no matter how turbulent the ride, let’s not close our eyes and hope the ride ends, lets enjoy the ride! There is so much to see and experience! 

Carla


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts